The tradition of the of the Southern Kettles Classic continues onto Emma Carlin Trail near Eagle, WI thanks to a long term relationship with the Wisconsin DNR – Kettle Moraine Southern Unit. The venue is made possible with volunteers from the Southeast Wisconsin Trail Alliance – Kettle Moraine (SEWTA-Kettles) which is the local IMBA chapter.
New for 2016:
- Race start/finish will be held at EMMA CARLIN (Not John Muir)
- Day of Race Registration Opens at 6:30am
- Long Race (10 Laps): 8:00 am – final lap must be STARTED before 5:00 pm
- Mid Race (6 Laps): 11:00 am – final lap must be STARTED before 5:00 pm
- Short Race (3 Laps): 2:00 pm – final lap must be STARTED before 5:00 pm
- Lap Duration – (45-75 min)
- Course – The race course is the outer loop (green loop) plus the connector trail up to the first horse gate. Much of the course will be on singletrack with few areas of double track.
- NOTE: This race is following a lap number format so your last lap must be STARTED before 5:00pm.
- Awards will begin around 6:00pm
Wisconsin State Park fees apply to all riders and parked vehicles. Please purchase a single day or annual vehicle pass to avoid any parking fines. This area is heavily patrolled!
- Day of Race Registations are Welcome and will open at 6:30am
- Day of Race Registration will close 15 minutes prior to each start time!
- Save by Pre-Registering Online
Online Registration will close on Friday June 17th at 7:00pm. (Click Here)
There is camping in 3 DNR camping areas with 15 miles. Ottawa lake, Whitewater Lake and Pinewoods. All reservation must be made on line through the WI DNR website. There is no on site camping at the trail head. There is plenty of room for easy ups and tents along the start finish area during the event.
Emma Carlin is on County Road Z. 1/8 of a mile South of Highway 59. The intersection of Hwy 59 and Cty Rd Z is a few miles North of Palmayra and you turn right on to Cty Rd Z to the parking lot. If on Hwy 59 coming from Eagle you turn left on Cty Rd Z to get to the parking lot.
(N 42 52.238, W 88 32.602) or (N 42 52 14.2, W 88 32 36.1) or (42.87061, -88.54336)