The tradition of the of the Southern Kettles Classic continues onto the roots of the John Muir Trailhead near LaGrange, WI thanks to a long term relationship with the Wisconsin DNR – Kettle Moraine Southern Unit. The venue is made possible with volunteers from the Southeast Wisconsin Trail Alliance – Kettle Moraine (SEWTA-Kettles) which is the local IMBA chapter.
New for 2017:
- Race start/finish will be held at JOHN MUIR (Not Emma Carlin)
- Day of Race Registration Opens at 7:30am (closes 30 min before each race)
- Long Race (10 Laps): 9:00 am
- Mid Race (7 Laps): 10:00 am
- Short Race (4 Laps): 11:00 am
- Junior Race (3 Laps): 11:00 am
- Lap Duration – (45-75 min)
- Course – Long Distance course will use the Green and Blue loops while the Mid & Short Distance will use the Green loop.
- NOTE: This race is following a lap number format so your last lap must be STARTED before 5:00pm.
- Awards times TBD
- Awards and Prizes: Over $1,000 to given away in cash prizes and swag!
- Facebook Page (Click Here)
Wisconsin State Park fees apply to all riders and parked vehicles. Please purchase a single day or annual vehicle pass to avoid any parking fines. This area is heavily patrolled!
- Day of Race Registations are Welcome and will open at 7:30am
- Day of Race Registration will close 30 minutes prior to each start time!
- Save by Pre-Registering Online
Online Registration will close on Friday May 5th at 12:00am. (Click Here)
There is camping in 3 DNR camping areas with 15 miles. Ottawa lake, Whitewater Lake and Pinewoods (tent only). All reservation must be made on line through the WI DNR website. There is no on site camping at the trail head. There is plenty of room for easy ups and tents along the start finish area during the event.
The John Muir Trails are at N9097 County Road H, Whitewater, WI 53190. North of LaGrange General Store / Backyard Bikes at W6098 US-12, Whitewater, WI 53190.
(N 42.820031, W -88.603193)